Blackpool Sands, set in a sheltered bay surrounded by evergreens and pines, is one of South Devon's most beautiful natural treasures. An award-winning, privately managed 'Blue Flag' family beach with turquoise blue sea giving it an almost Mediterranean feel.
A shingle beach, as are all the main beaches in Start Bay and all incorporating ‘Sands’ as a historical name, is located only 3 miles West of Dartmouth on the beautiful South Devon heritage coast in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB). (See advantages of shingle beaches)
With sand pits, a bathing raft, kayaks and paddle boards for hire, a range of delicious hot and cold food and a beach shop, it has something for all the family. But don't just take our word for it, come and see for yourself!
Lifeguard patrol and no dogs during summer season.
- Superb swimming in clean, clear water tested by the Environment Agency
- Beach cleaned daily in main season
- The Venus Beach Cafe for organic and locally produced food
- The Venus Beach Shop for beach goods and games
- Refreshing showers
- Disabled facilities
- Sands pits (May to October) and bathing raft (July and August)
- Stand-up paddle board, kayak and wet suit hire
- Summer events
- Lifeguards on duty 2nd July to 4th September 2016
- Dogs are not permitted in the car parks or on the beach from Saturday 12th March to Sunday 30th October 2016.