Blackpool Sands, set in a sheltered bay surrounded by evergreens and pines, is one of South Devon's most beautiful natural treasures. An award-winning privately managed 'Blue Flag' family beach with turquoise blue sea giving it an almost Mediterranean feel.
A shingle beach, as are all the main beaches in Start Bay and all incorporating ‘Sands’ as a historical name, located only 3 miles West of Dartmouth on the beautiful South Devon heritage coast. (See advantages of shingle beaches)
With sand pits, a bathing raft, kayaks for hire, a range of delicious hot and cold food and a beach shop, it has something for all the family. But don't just take our word for it, come and see for yourself! Lifeguard patrol and no dogs during summer season.
- Superb swimming in clean, clear water tested by the Environment Agency
- Beach cleaned daily in main season
- The Venus Beach Cafe for organic and locally produced food
- The Venus Beach Shop for beach goods and games
- Refreshing showers
- Disabled facilities
- Sands pits (May to October) and bathing raft (July and August)
- Stand-up paddle board, kayak, boogie board, wet suit and snorkel hire
- Summer events
- Lifeguards on duty during summer months
- Dogs are not permitted in the car parks or on the beach from Saturday 21st March to Friday 30th October 2015.
Thursday 29th October 2015 is the next Forest and Beach event and will include craft activities and beach combing! See Events page for more details.