If you are planning to visit Blackpool Sands Beach Friday 19th – Sunday 21st August, all public parking will be available via a park and ride in Stoke Fleming set up by Tribal Clash especially for this event. Follow the signs to Stoke Fleming Village Hall (TQ6 0QT), where you can park and use the shuttlebus provided to get to Blackpool Sands and back again. There is a cost for this service.
Blackpool Sands, set in a sheltered bay surrounded by evergreens and pines, is one of South Devon's most beautiful natural treasures. An award-winning, privately managed 'Blue Flag' family beach with turquoise blue sea giving it an almost Mediterranean feel.
A shingle beach, as are all the main beaches in Start Bay and all incorporating ‘Sands’ as a historical name, is located only 3 miles West of Dartmouth on the beautiful South Devon heritage coast in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB). (See advantages of shingle beaches)
With sand pits, a bathing raft, kayaks and paddle boards for hire, a range of delicious hot and cold food and a beach shop, it has something for all the family. But don't just take our word for it, come and see for yourself!
Lifeguard patrol and no dogs during summer season.
- Superb swimming in clean, clear water tested by the Environment Agency
- Beach cleaned daily in main season
- The Venus Beach Cafe for organic and locally produced food
- The Venus Beach Shop for beach goods and games
- Refreshing showers
- Disabled facilities
- Sands pits (May to October) and bathing raft (July and August)
- Stand-up paddle board, kayak and wet suit hire
- Summer events
- Lifeguards on duty 2nd July to 4th September 2016
- Dogs are not permitted in the car parks or on the beach from Saturday 12th March to Sunday 30th October 2016.