Blackpool Sands, set in a sheltered bay surrounded by evergreens and pines, is one of South Devon's most beautiful natural treasures. An award-winning privately managed 'Blue Flag' family beach with turquoise blue sea giving it an almost Mediterranean feel.
A shingle beach, as are all the main beaches in Start Bay and all incorporating ‘Sands’ as a historical name, located only 3 miles West of Dartmouth on the beautiful South Devon heritage coast. (See advantages of shingle beaches)
With sand pits, a bathing raft, kayaks for hire, a range of delicious hot and cold food and a beach shop, it has something for all the family. But don't just take our word for it, come and see for yourself! Lifeguard patrol and no dogs during summer season.
- Superb swimming in clean, clear water tested by the Environment Agency
- Beach cleaned daily in main season
- The Venus Beach Cafe for organic and locally produced food
- The Venus Beach Shop for beach goods and games
- Refreshing showers
- Disabled facilities
- Sands pits (May to October) and bathing raft (July and August)
- Surfski, kayak, boogie boards, wet suit and snorkel hire
- Summer events
- Lifeguards on duty during summer months
- Dogs are not permitted in the car parks or on the beach from Saturday 21st March to Friday 30th October 2015.
Tribal Clash Weekend (21st - 23rd August 2015): ALL public parking will be at the special event Park & Ride, which will be run by Tribal Clash and situated at Stoke Fleming Village Hall. A shuttle bus will be running all day long to take you down to the beach and back again to your car at the end of the day. Please check final departure times with the driver. There will be a cost for this service.