Blackpool Sands, set in a sheltered bay surrounded by evergreens and pines, is one of South Devon's most beautiful natural treasures. An award-winning privately managed 'Blue Flag' family beach with turquoise blue sea giving it an almost Mediterranean feel.
A shingle beach, as are all the main beaches in Start Bay and all incorporating ‘Sands’ as a historical name, located only 3 miles West of Dartmouth on the beautiful South Devon heritage coast. (See advantages of shingle beaches)
With sand pits, a bathing raft, kayaks for hire, a range of delicious hot and cold food and a beach shop, it has something for all the family. But don't just take our word for it, come and see for yourself! Lifeguard patrol and no dogs during summer season.
- Superb swimming in clean, clear water tested by the Environment Agency
- Beach cleaned daily in main season
- The Venus Beach Cafe for organic and locally produced food
- The Venus Beach Shop for beach goods and games
- Refreshing showers
- Disabled facilities
- Sands pits (May to October) and bathing raft (July and August)
- Surfski, kayak, boogie boards, wet suit and snorkel hire
- Summer events
- Lifeguards on duty during summer months
- Dogs are not permitted in the car parks or on the beach from March to November 4th.